12.26.2016

my nothing became my everything.

{via}

the boy? you ask.
the boy that use to fill my life faded.
swiftly and in slow motion at all the same time.

I look back on the moment I said goodbye and wondered,
"did I know all along? that this would end? did my heart say goodbye long before my head?"

now we have separate lives.
filled with the people of our choosing.

when I see you in passing our eyes meet for a moments breath.
time stands still and we relive those stolen kisses and sly smiles.

{those lips that belong to someone else now.
the ones I use to know perfectly.
are now just a fuzzy memory.}

when time snaps into place,
you nod.
I nod.
silently acknowledging what once was.
and will never be.

It's a strange thing how someone who was everything becomes your nothing all at once.
and the person who is everything was always once your nothing.

now I'm with my everything.
and you are with yours.
it can take a lifetime to find your everything.
I'm just content that I found mind.

finally.yh





2 comments:

  1. Are you still there? With your everything, I mean? I hope the stars remain aligned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a while, old friend. As you can see, we miss quite a bit. Hope to hear from you again, little one.

    ReplyDelete